Thursday, August 21, 2014

More Stolen Quilts - Can You Help?

I really hate writing posts like this...
                  yet another batch of quilts has been stolen.

Nancy Rink, a Bakersfield, CA quilt artist, had two break-ins in July of this year. The first time, they took a quilt. The next time, they disabled the alarm system she'd installed -- and stole the rest. Only a few are shown below. (Go here for more news on Nancy, plus more photos of the purloined quilts.) Here's the news article, in case you want to learn more: "Police say each quilt is marked with hand stitching on the corner: Nancy Rink Designs, the name of the quilt and date of completion. There were between 15 and 18 quilts taken."

From Nancy's Facebook page, back in late July:

I am MAD as Hell! Thieves broke into my studio over the weekend and stole virtually every quilt (see the album What the Thieves Stole). This is an oh so wonderful follow-up to the break in a week and a half ago in which one quilt was stolen. We had beefed up security but the thieves paid no attention. They just ripped the alarm from the door and busted the security lights. Am I paranoid or am I just being targeted?! I have posted images of the main quilts stolen (there are probably more) just in case you see or hear of anything. Please call the BPD or if you see or hear anything suspicious. I have trunk shows booked at guilds and it makes it very difficult to give a trunk show without my quilts.
And if  YOU the thief is reading this, please don’t bother to break in again. There is NOTHING more for you to get. We have moved virtually everything out of the studio and are searching for a new location. Also, thanks for the pee and poop you left in the toilet!!

Let's help her get her quilts back. If you notice any of these, contact Nancy and the police pronto. I'd be happy to help, too...just e-mail me at cindyjbrick@gmail.com. There's a $1000 reward for the quilts' safe return, as well.













No comments:

But I LIKE Oysters...

  'Overheard a conversation about people talking about rich people and weird foods, and eventually they started talking about oysters.  ...