Monday, July 7, 2014

Monday Stuff On the Way to Other Stuff: Old Friends



Just back from teaching at the John C. Campbell School...dropped Daughter #1 off in Atlanta, and made tracks for The Mama's home in Michigan. Drove most of Saturday night, and got back late Sunday morning. 
    The Mama continues to improve, albeit slowly. Her family and friends took good care of her while I was gone. I'll only be with her for about 1 1/2 weeks -- then it's on to a PAAQT appraisers conference in Williamsburg, VA.  The best part of all this: the Brick, who I haven't seen for nearly two months, will be on his way to Michigan for a short visit on Wednesday! It will be wonderful to be with him, even if only for a few days.
    Some of the links I'm sending your way this week are from bloggers I've been reading for years. They would be strangers if I met them on the street -- but they've become old friends.

  A tasty 5-Star Cheeseburger Casserole...that's also lower in fat and calories. Sounds good to me, Bakerette. (Her Amish-style breakfast casserole looks tasty, too.)

One university that saved its students $31 MILLION DOLLARS...just by sending them a letter.

Artists' royalties -- should they get them? (Yes, I've brought this up before -- but it's important.)

How poor financial priorities can lead to stupid excuses. (From Len Penzo) I need to remind myself of this periodically...it's so much easier to point the finger anywhere else but me.

Eight questions to ask BEFORE you buy. (From Donna Freedman)

BPA and baby bottles...could it affect your child? (From the Mayo Clinic)

Where do you find money for emergencies? (From One Frugal Girl)

Four ways to make money from your 'old stuff.' (From Get Rich Slowly)

Have a great, lazy week.



No comments:

Frugal Hits & Misses: March Report

 This has been a tighter month than most -- due in great part to some unexpected truck expenses. Last month's property tax payment sucke...