Monday, August 27, 2012

Monday Stuff On the Way to Other Stuff: It's Good to Be Home

I spent pretty much all week last week either appraising, or driving. First up was the Peaks & Pines Quilt Guild in Granby, CO. (Hi, dears!) Then it was on to the Cheyenne Heritage Quilter's annual show, where I appraised for three days. (Hey there, Bea and company...)
    I enjoyed both, but appraising, especially that much, really guts it out of you. Got home late Saturday night; I slept in today, made cinnamon rolls, watched the Broncos (who lost - but not by much) read the paper and picked beans. Even cleaned the chicken coop out, without too much griping!
    So while I'm picking up the reins again, here are things I found for you via the Internet:

How to blow through $100,000...before you're even 21.  (I Heart Budget did this, poor guy.)

The downfall of Zeek Rewards.  Hopefully you've had no contact with this MLM scheme. Unfortunately, several cousins did -- and they paid for it, too. Yet another struggle with "If it sounds too good to be true...it is."

Phyllis Diller died, at age 95. It's hard to believe that this feisty girl with the mod clothes is gone...

Phyllis arrives for one of Bob Hope's overseas entertainment shows at Korat Air Base, Thailand. From Wikipedia.

6 cheap tips to help perk up your kitchen, from Money Beagle. (Who knew ice cubes could do so much good?)

Neil Armstrong also died, aged 82. Armstrong was an incredibly classy man, a quiet person who didn't boast about his accomplishments.
   
Although he had been a Navy fighter pilot, a test pilot for NASA's forerunner and an astronaut, Armstrong never allowed himself to be caught up in the celebrity and glamour of the space program.
"I am, and ever will be, a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer," he said in February 2000 in one of his rare public appearances. "And I take a substantial amount of pride in the accomplishments of my profession."
    (I said something to the Brick, also an engineer type, about a colleague dying...and read him Armstrong's quote. 'Sounds just like you,' I said. He was shocked: "But I don't wear white socks all the time!")



And finally:
Zombie debt and the Supreme Court, from Liz Weston. I dare you to read this, and not think about the AMC series, The Walking Dead.


and now, since it's past 2 a.m., I'll go to bed... oh, one more thing. Lynaeve, you've won our latest book giveaway! We'll start the next one up in a day or so. 

Have a great week.


No comments:

You Go, Kids!

  More great 'wholesome' posts via Bored Panda .. .